Have a constant headache? How about pressure in your face and jaw? Or, a constant need to breathe through your mouth?
You probably have sinusitus.
Sinusitis is the inflamation of the sinus cavities in your face. It can be uncomfortable at best and when acute, can cause debilitating pain.
Several things can trigger sinusitis:
1. Food Allergies-many people are allergic to wheat and dairy and not know it.
2. Environmental Allergies-pollution, mold and mildew, animal dander are all common irritants in the air.
3. Cold-eating cold foods can cause the sinus cavities to react. Drinking water with ice and eating ice cream that are too cold can significantly inflame already sensitive sinuses.
4. Smoking-not good for the lungs, and definitely not good for the sinuses.
5. Dry air-not ususally a problem here in Florida, but this can be a culprit as well.
What can you do to help your sinuses?
Drink water at room temperature.
Watch the consumption of wheat and dairy.
Do not smoke. Avoid second-hand smoke.
Keep your air sources clean and clear.